Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I Am a Pod or ipod - Which Are You?

I am accustomed to thinking.

You may say, "Well, I am too. What's so unusual about that?" but I'm not referring to productive thinking. My thinking is kin to having my own personal ipod on in my head repeatedly playing lines from old and random songs and jingles as I somewhat frantically wonder how I'm going to get all the stories written, screenplays rewritten and art projects all scribbled on paper completed in this life.  At times my mind never stops.  So although I've a literal ipod I've never used, more often than not I feel I've been overtaken by a pod.

Recently I've also begun to experience being overtaken with sleep at odd times which is a bit different from my periodic taking of naps.  Earlier in my life, I would have resisted the urge to sleep fearing this too was pod-related.  It happened this morning after I came inside from star watching or dancing with the stars as I think of it.  I was overcome with sleep and I had only been up for ninety minutes at most. 

Fortunately my schedule allowed me to lie down right where I was then and there.

After a half hour I awoke realizing my mind was completely blank. To a normal thinker this might be a relief. To a menopausal, Gemini air-sign who's lived in her head, well at first, I was freaked.  There was nothing in my head.

My ipod failed me yet I lay there smiling and into my little recorder I whispered, "YES" in case my sleep wasn't complete.  I lay there on the futon without my mind 'on' and realized I was offered an opportunity to be in my heart, to see what it's like to walk around as the Heart in the world just being.  Being, being, being. Being empty of even the joy and sorrow I feel, I felt reborn. 

Two hours later I now sit here noticing.  Noticing is different from thinking. Thinking involves just my head while Noticing is a full-bodied experience.

I sense that heart-led emptiness is how I came into this world and I realize maybe I am a pod, a pod filled with various seeds of potential like the wisteria pods hanging on the arbor and last years bean pods that I hope for again this year in the garden.  

Awaking without my ipod, I realize I am a pod.

I imagine the Shift of seeing this day as the Heart does waking, walking in the world, a day filled with moments carrying seed pods as I encounter others who are seed carrying pods too.

Then a thought arrives especially with election deception and mean-spiritedness upon us, 'What about those who carry the seeds that seem to me so dark and deceiving?'

The Heart says, "Love them too even if you don't like what they do." 

-Dawn! The Good News Muse, 18 April 2012


No comments: