Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Inspired

I've been thinking in couplets and rhyme these days.  I suspect this has to do with Spring as everything, I mean everything including all the flowering shrubs and trees that are never up yet this time of year, everything has suddenly shown up on the scene this week.  This rhyming thing has reminded me of one of my favorite childhood memories.  I found such joy and peace as an eight year old sitting in the floor of my small elementary school library reading books of poetry especially poetry related to Nature. I can nearly see those books that I checked out repeatedly.  Evoking a similar feeling were the leaf and seed charts required of us in Ms. Stella's 4th grade class. I loved making seed and leaf charts as much as I loved poetry.  

Now I realize these two experiences are fractals in my life, patterns repeated now over forty years later as I take photos and write all of which are part of my life's passion and purpose I sense as I like Spring awaken.

Interplay of leaf and light
Stirs my spirit with delight.


Dandelion near the ground
Sign of sun we travel round.

Leafen hands unfold, unfurl
here to help this Earthen world.
Human hands unfurl, unfold
sending love around the globe. 

Feel the shift Spring brings.
-Dawn, The Good News Muse 21 March 2012

No comments: