Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Imagination's Playground - Happy Birthday Einstein


"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein

I noticed on my calendar that today March 14 is Albert Einstein's birthday (b.1879) and immediately thought of the poem below from my cd.  So Happy Birthday Einstein. I'm imagining right now that you feel how happy I am that you came to dear Earth!  Here's a poem from me to you.

Applause

Popcorn

Bubble wrap

Horses galloping

Fairies tap dancing

Bullets raining down

The interminable tapping of fingers on lap tops

Thousands of tiny feet hurrying across wooden floors

     to behold gifts on Christmas morn

Grease in my mother’s electric skillet as chicken rolled in flour browns

Messages from the Divine trying to penetrate our thick heads.

All of these and more were born of my imagination while listening to

     the patter of raindrops on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

The mind, imagination’s playground, offers a myriad of memories and image.

Upon hearing my list, you may have thought me a bit wacky but you have it too.

Imagination

Regardless of gender, class or race we’re born with it.

Yet in time, control, competition and culture squash it. 

It’s never fully erased. 

It’s never too late to tend it,

Imagination transports us, lifts us from the mundane, no lifts the veil from the mundane,

  allowing us to see the magic in each moment.

So make the time to exit the interstate in your mind and drive down the dirt road of your

     imagination.

Who knows, you might stir up more than dust.

Imagine that. 

-Dawn, The Good News Muse 
originally written March 5, 2005
                                                            

No comments: