Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Birds Are Calling Dark Matter(s) into the Light

(I, a not-so-morning person wrote this last week and have continued to go outside most mornings before light to experience the birds joyful song in the night.)

This morning before dawn arrived I sat outside listening to the birds.  For sometime I thought I heard birds singing above the fan we keep running at night.  Determined to hear whether I was imagining this or not, I grabbed my robe and made my way to the deck where I discovered my city neighborhood not far from Nashville's center sounds like an arboretum in the night.

As I sat in the dark hearing the symphony of song I thought: 

'The birds are calling dark matter into the light.  The birds are calling dark matters into the light.'

Scientists now know our Universe consists of dark matter, energy that exists but isn't seen.  As for dark matters, one only pick up a newspaper, turn on tv or go on-line to read of dark matters resulting from greed, lack of awareness and misuse of power. 
As I sat on my deck listening and hearing, I imagined the joyful vibrations of the birds' songs having the capacity to call the unseen into form, reminding dark matter of its beautiful potential and persuading dark matters that it's time to come to the light.

With their sweet bird sounds, I imagined the energy of compassion calling the dark matters of this world into the light of love, the dark matters of child abuse and animal torture, rape, violence and the trafficking of guns, drugs and children's bodies for sex, all the dark matters of the world driven by control, conquest, domination and fear.

I imagined the bird's sweet sounds coaxing the creative potential of dark matter into form so the coming new systems are shaped by love, harmony and peace.

I imagined these sweet feathered souls calling dark matter to earth to engage lovingly with dark matters.

I sense the engagement's begun.
 
-Dawn, The Good News Muse, 22 March 2012


2 comments:

Anne Kathleen McLaughlin said...

Dawn: This reflection reminds me of the meaning of your name. These beautiful musings are like a dawn light for our dark time. Each time I read one, I feel the joy of dawn arise within me.I rejoice with you that you have found your place in the universe!
Much love, Anne Kathleen

Unknown said...

I like the way you take the macrocosm and bring it into the "inner cosm", making them one and the same. I could actually feel my body shift as I was reading the words.