Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Rosemary's Shadow

Thanks to the interplay of morning sun and rosemary a shadow is cast on the deck post, a shadow that moments later will disappear thanks to sun's shifting path.


I didn't get how temporary shadow's are until last year.  One morning I sat inside and saw the pattern of an eye. I excitedly began taking photos and noting my thoughts as what I saw began to slowly change.  That was okay I knew I'd see it the next day.  The next day arrived and as a reminder that no two moments or days are the same, I discovered the pattern had also changed.  

What is it about shadows and patterns that intrigue me so?  

Within moments, truly under five minutes, the shadow like the sun has moved and I sense an aspect of why patterns speak to me. 

Sun's subtle shift as it treks across the sky reminds me of the preciousness of my trekking through time moment by moment, offered up instant by passing instant never to return.  My patterns are illuminated and my shadow seen when I too am open to sun's light. 

Savor the Shift.  This particular moment will never again arrive.
-Dawn, The Good News Muse, 27 March 2012




No comments: