Monday, November 7, 2011

Flower Power

With Summer's drought and heat a distant memory now replaced by one of the most beautiful Falls I recall, flowers have reawakened around our home. The fuchsia and African daisy (I think it's called) have returned to life just when I thought them dead. Their resilience reminds me of the heart's beauty. In the drought of seemingly unkind times and the heat of grief one can wonder will love prevail, is there any love left?

Growing up in the church of my childhood revivals were held each fall. A guest speaker would arrive to preach for the week injecting believers with reminders of new life before 'the ends' hard times.

Earth's flowers are now my revival reminding me of light, light held in soil and soul as winter's days grow dark and temperatures cold for a time. Earth's flowers and trees remind me the heart quietly stays alive and returns to life no matter how hard the times.

What revives your heart and reminds you of its steadfast presence?
-Dawn! The Good News Muse 7 November 2011
dawn@imaginetheshift.com

No comments: