Monday, November 21, 2011

I Imagine A World Like My Tomatoes


These five little orbs lined up on the counter top prior to becoming a salsa caught my eye and imagination this morning. They've lived on the window sill for some time, their varied shapes and sizes reminding me of people and how we are loved. We are so loved and cared for by earth.

I look at them and am inspired.

I imagine a world in which all colors and shapes of people are honored and appreciated.

I imagine a world in which we all grow entangled and entwined peacefully, like my tomatoes this summer wrapping their vine arms around one another ignoring the neatly arranged placement I created to keep them separated.

I imagine a world in which we're thankful not only for our food, but the wisdom offered by our food and by our fellow man even those appearing so different from us on the outside. For on the inside, just like my tomatoes, we're all alike.

Imagine the Shift of taking the time to really experience food this Thanksgiving.  Listen for the little, big lessons you are fed.    
-Dawn! The Good News Muse 20 November 2011
dawn@imaginetheshift.com

No comments: