Wednesday, February 12, 2014

iCloud - I Cloud -The Clouds

In navigating a new mac, I've discovered iCloud.  iCloud may be necessary to some with its mobility and storage, yet iCloud reminds me of the clouds.  

I came across these clouds from a year ago this week while downloading photos to the mac yesterday. 


What are your associations to clouds?  When was the last time you stopped to notice a cloud and really see it?

In the big picture, at times it seems the weather people whether intentional or not are entraining us to fear clouds.  The media regularly refers to the next winter storm on the way.  Yesterday's paper referenced Atlanta being 'crippled' potentially again this week.  I cringed seeing their use of that word.  Why not write 'immobilized.'  A local tv station on my Facebook feed reported Sunday on our never-ending winter.  I thought, 'It's only February. We're suppose to still be experiencing winter.'

It is a gift that the weather people can predict fairly acurately what the weather is going to be. Lives are likely saved as people seek shelter during tornadoes or floods.  I get that.  I just don't get that it seems the weather is the primary thing discussed in gatherings, social media, in the grocery line, wherever I find myself.

What is going on here?

Is Mother Earth and the Divine trying to get our attention by allowing weather to trend? 

Here at home inside Dawn, I know what's going on for me.  The clouds and iCloud, remind me of how I cloud my own perception as periodically fear and ignoring surface in me.  Our absorption in the weather forecast stirs my fear that not only will many fear the clouds but will likewise increasingly disconnect from nature and forget we need clouds.

iCloud may feel necessary for some souls survival yet the mobility of the clouds and their stored snows and rains are necessary for Earth's survival.  Their beauty is necessary for my soul's survival.

We need the beauty accessible in clouds and nature to relieve Soul drought.  One only has to look at the use of anti-depressants, pain killers and meth (that's the short list) to realize there's an epidemic Soul drought going on these days.  Isn't it interesting that lives would be saved thanks to better weather forecasting yet saved for further anesthetizing ourselves?

Clouds, bird's song, barren limbed trees these are at least part of the prescription for personal and collective Soul drought.  

I challenge you to consider how you allow the weather forecast to cloud your perception and your day.  

Don't miss the beauty around you, inside, below and above you.  Wherever you are, love a cloud.  
-Dawn, The Good News Muse 12 February 2014
dawn@imaginetheshift.com


15 seconds of bird song from February 2013 or those who need it although I did chuckle. This is primarily robins singing. Some Nashvillians may remember the hoards of robins that came through last Spring.  During that brief two weeks, robin poop was trending and I was going outside every chance I got just to hear them sing. 


No comments: