Monday, December 19, 2011

The Mystery of Love Unfolding All Around Us

Today I had a plan for everything I wanted to accomplish yet for the first time in three months boot camp was not part of my Monday plan.  Surprisingly when 8:15 rolled around something possessed me and I found myself throwing on workout clothes and heading a few streets over to meet Bill.  I was the sole 'camper' today.

Bill regularly reminds us to focus on form and repeatedly says boot camp is not a competition.  Today I forgot this and found myself competing with the clock.  Just as Bill said, "Ten seconds" I tried to squeeze in one more round of a running drill.  I put my mind in high gear hoping to run forward and backward once more before time was called.

My feet didn't get the message to shift gears.  While running backward, they ran over themselves.  Bill was immediately concerned and I was embarrassed. I felt the fall coming and tried to gracefully brace myself. The problem wasn't with the fall, but what happened after boot camp.

I continued in high gear, doing unplanned odds and ends rather than returning home to post the story to which I had committed. 

The beauty of our bodies or at least mine is when I'm not listening, it has a way of getting my attention. Within two hours of distracting myself, my body offered up a little flasher, a precursor to migraines something I have maybe once a year when I'm moving at a pace that's not mine in response to trying to get too many things done.

Despite the many things I thought I had to do, I resentfully lay down.  I imposed a nap on myself. 

Within moments of lying on the sofa, Bogeysattvah lay down on my legs.  Mystery usually joins in by positioning herself at my feet. I closed my eyes and immediately began to see a portal, a vortex of energy turning clockwise.

Then Mystery interrupted by curling up on my chest something she's never done.  I closed my eyes again somewhat frustrated fearing the portal wouldn't return.  What happened next is why I share this story.

As I lay on the sofa with my eyes closed, Mystery placed a paw on my heart.  I opened my eyes momentarily to make sure this was really her paw I felt.  This dear cat who had never laid this close to my heart except for the first night she came to live with us lay curled on my chest with her paw on my heart.

I closed my eyes again.  Not only did the portal reappear, but in its center was the cat's eye that I first saw the night before Templeton died in January of 2008. I've seen this eye repeatedly over the years but never in a portal to another dimension.  Today in the middle of the eye a star sparkled.  

I opened my eyes and exclaimed, "Mystery, you're related to the eye I've see."  I began to talk into my recorder sharing what I had seen as Mystery began to loudly purr.  (I have those purrs recorded now.) 

Since Templeton's death, a cat's eye made of energy in the universe has regularly shown itself to me.  Today the message of the eye was about trusting and loving the Mystery of life and the Mystery of my heart.  Or as Bill and I touched on in boot camp, everything in life's journey fits together.  As time passes even the most painful things that we don't understand as they're occurring, fit somehow into our life's bigger picture.   

As Mystery purred atop me, I knew and I know that the eye I've often seen is the Mystery unfolding inside me as well as watching over me, the Great Mystery of Love unfolding on Earth, watching over us all.  You may call the Mystery God, Spirit, Life Force, Higher Power, Goddess or your Mystery may be Science.

What I know is Mystery is present in the world, wanting to engage with us, wanting to show us how to love and live deeply in these times.  And like my cat today, the Mystery is usually right in front of us.  All we have to do is slow down, pay attention, listen and see.
-Dawn! The Good News Mews  19 December 2011

1 comment:

Transformational Reflections said...

Nicely heard and written message....