Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Cardinal Connection

Yesterday would have have been my father's 75th birthday. He loved birds and for whatever reason I think of him when I see cardinals. How perfect that on his birthday my dear neighbor (who didn't know my dad) invited me over to exchange gifts. Mine from her was topped with a beautiful handmade cardinal. I shared the significance of this day with her. Then as I walked out her door what did I hear in our city yards? A cardinal calling.
This morning I open my journal to write and find a note about the first cardinal of the day, one I had forgotten. I had noted being awakened yesterday morning by the call of a cardinal before daybreak. 
Memories and synchronicities like this cannot be bought with money.  
-Dawn, The Good News Muse 21 December 2011

No comments: