Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Global Heart in the "Coming Back" Place

This morning I was awakened by a scream. I was in the "coming back" place, a place of not exactly being asleep but also not fully being awake.

I lay in bed trying to discern if the scream came from within me or if I had heard someone outside. I lay there listening to see if I heard it again or if the sound of an ambulance followed. 

This was a woman's scream.  It was the cry of a woman having experienced something unthinkable and unbearable like the brutality of rape, the death of a child or loved one or the deaths of the many as has happened during mass executions here of Native Americans, during the Holocaust and in the ethnic cleansings in Yugoslavia's break up or the Rawandan genocide of nearly a million people in the Nineties. It was the cry of mothers whose children are killed in Sudan or whose children are taken and seduced into sex trafficking here and abroad. 

It was a scream of great pain released upon seeing the horrors that humankind has visited upon human kin.
It was a cry for comfort, heartache comfort. This was a cry that needed arms in which to be held.

I didn't want to write of what I heard this morning. I wanted to ignore it, get busy and push the scream away.  Yet to ignore it regardless of its origins made me feel like kin to those who have turned away throughout time as people were killed and even now as people die in ongoing wars and conflicts or suffer from hunger and disease where people are without access to clean water or simple mosquito nets.

So I write as tears roll down my face, imagining my Middle Tennessee tears are my heart's arms holding and soothing cries somewhere right now. 

I imagine my hearing and tearing helps heal the global heart, the Divine Feminine in the "coming back" place, coming back from being numbed and walled off after eons of neglect and pain.

I imagine practicing the shift of crying without resistance, diversions or shame. This sounds too passive yet I wonder what might take root with this simple allowing of the heart's language. What actions might ultimately unfold from this?  What ripples would spread from the falling of compassion's tears into the energy field around Earth?  Imagine what might take place. 

-Dawn, The Good News Muse, 15 December 2011

(An hour after writing this, a story on the back of the Tennessean got my attention. The headline read:  
1 in 4 women say they have been assaulted. A CDC survey reports 36 million women have experienced physical violence, slapping or shoving by an intimate other. Half of those reporting rape were 17 or younger when the rape occurred. I read and wondered if I heard the cry of the feminine associated with this story.  Then I considered how someone's 'out there' right now preparing stats citing faults in this study.  A country, a world in which the ratio is even 1 in 100 or 1 in a million is unacceptable.  A world in which violence and intimidation is used is a world that needs to be held, a world for which we need to weep then discern what wise action can help usher in a paradigm change.


No comments: