Monday, June 2, 2014

Simple Synchronicities



"Holy persons draw to themselves all that is earthly." 
- Hildegard of Bingen 
While decluttering yesterday I came across the above quote on the cover of a brochure from the Catholic Sisters of the Upper Mississippi Valley.  I had picked the brochure up last year during a spontaneous visit to a botanical garden in an Iowa town where Jerry's mother was in PT rehab. 
I kept the brochure during the decluttering spree because I love the feel of holding things in my hands, something a computer can't provide at least yet. 
I don't know that I draw the earthly to me as much as it arrives and I recognize it because it tugs at a place inside me that has been with me all along and longs to not just come alive but stay alive...which is what the Japanese Maple and Sun's Light did for me this morning. 
As I sat temporarily bathed in Sun before it disappeared behind summer's leafed out trees, I could feel the magic and healing permeating my insides. A few moments later, I photographed the Japanese Maple by which I sit each morning and saw this, not only the beautiful leaves but the interconnected Flower of Life circles in the upper right hand corner. 


That is when synchronicity arrived.  Moments before Sun washed over me in my shaded yard, I was reading another story I found yesterday but had saved since 2009.  It was an interview with someone named Drunvalo Melchizedek who had written on the Flower of Life.  Interesting to say the least.  
Then as I came upstairs to post this photo, I saw the Hildegard of Bingen quote and opened the brochure. The first thing I saw was a reference to St. Francis and St. Clare. In the last month, a friend told me St. Francis and St. Clare were watching over me. I sure didn't feel that way and I didn't even know who Clare was or is. 
Simple synchronicities keep me going when I've not a clue 'where' I'm going.  They are beautiful golden bread crumbs prompting me to learn, engage and stay awake.
-Dawn, The Good News Muse,  2 June 2014

No comments: