Monday, September 17, 2012

Imprints of Love

(Written Sunday Sept.16, 2012)

Hundreds of miles up the interstate away from the ocean gulf where I spent time last week, I now sit on a mountain that ocean once called home.  In my hand I hold a rock imprinted with shells, evidence of ocean's walk on this land millions of years ago.

We argue politics and parcel out power while ignoring, neglecting and denying there's a process unfolding on Mother Earth that is so much larger than we.

Last week before leaving my friend's ocean house for the last time, I placed in the water off her dock a bouquet of zinnias, black-eyed Susan's, fairy roses and lavender from my Tennessee home.  Flowers have traveled with me through many times and lives and it just felt right to leave these in the salty waters far away from their origins.

Many miles away I now imagine millions of years away someone finding the imprint of flowers on land that was once the Gulf as I've found remains of ocean life around my landlocked home.

Shells, flowers, ocean, mountain - all imprints of love. If we could only come to appreciate our shared origins and the imprint of love on all people and things the great gulf between us, I believe would cease.

Imagine the Shift.
-Dawn, The Good News Muse 17 September 2012



2 comments:

Granny Kate said...

This is beautifully written. My grandkids are both intrigued by the rocks they find here. Recently, a storm uprooted a huge oak and among the roots were rounded riverstones -- where there is no river. What a wonderful sense of awe if we could see around us what is and was and shall be.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your kind words but most of all for sharing with your grandchildren Earth's wonders !!! How blessed they are to have you in their journey and vice versa. Here's to continued AWE !