Saturday, September 22, 2012

Breaking Light - The Heart


As I sat down moments ago to post the prior story, I happened to look left and notice the rainbow of light coming from my friend Judi's note card of one of her paintings as it sits near my window. The painting is titled "First Alchemy."

To me the round vessel into which the tears fall represents the vessel of the heart.  The heart is made to bend light but first we must let tears fall.  I spent much of my middle life with a hard heart due to the pain it had felt and held.  Now I let tears come with joy because I get to live alive and awake (most of the time) on this beautiful planet Mother Earth.  This doesn't mean I don't know heartbreak.  Already this morning my heart has broken open while reading of the abuse of walking horses ridden competitively in Shelbyville, TN as some are brutally trained and of the present dolphin hunts in Taifi Japan where thousands of whales and dolphins are slaughtered each year.

Yet I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the animals are here to wake us up to the power of love that resides in our hearts. They come here voluntarily and are part of my rainbow. In knowing this my sorrow turns to joy for their engagement here.  In turn offer my heart engaged.

The sun has now shifted and the prism that was momentarily on the card is no more yet the alchemical vessel of the heart remains.

I share this image and my truth with you not to say it is true for you but to share the image and ask: What does this beautiful image say to you?

P.S. There are many petitions circulating right now to stop the dolphin and whale hunts. Learn more by watching the film "The Cove", checking out Sea Shepherd on facebook. I think CNN recently covered this also. 

-Dawn, The Good News Muse 22 September 2012

No comments: