Monday, March 28, 2011

What Do You Have To Show for Your Life?

During the quiet this morning, I heard, "What do I have to show for my nearly 52 years?"

I didn't think of stuff although I do appreciate our art. Money in the bank didn't cross my mind. Maybe that's because I don't have that much. I don't have photos of children or grandchildren to pull up on a device or from a purse.

Momentarily this freaked me out. Had I forgotten to live my life?

Then I realized, if someone asked, "Dawn, what do you have to show for your life?" I would offer my camera and say, "I have recognized and honored beauty." For in this small box of metal technology I've a memory card holding birds, lizards, rocks, flowers, trees, faces and places that speak to me.

All of these images remind me of who I really am. I am a memory card holding love.

What have you to show for your life? What does it represent to you?
-Dawn! The Good News Muse, 27 March 2011
dawn@imaginetheshift.com

1 comment:

Leisa Hammett said...

And that is something that you do have to show and that you do offer. You do hold up a mirror and help us see the beauty in our lives. Thanks for your insightful reflections. Interestingly the word verification is a lot like "mirror."