Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Small and Faithful

During my morning walk, a recently planted red twig dogwood in a neighboring yard caught my eye, the barren tall stems are bright red in winter.

At the mile mark, I turned and made my way home, but this time at the house with the red twig I noticed three crocus near the sidewalk at my feet, quietly, brightly doing their thing, the thing they came here to do - being themselves. I had missed them on my first pass.

How often is our attention grabbed by the big and new while missing the small and faithful right before our very eyes? May we open and listen to the lessons before us, beneath our feet and in doing so become more of who we came here to be.
-Dawn! the Good News Muse - 3 March 2011
dawn@imaginetheshift.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, small and faithful....another layer to ponder... added to my already abundant delight as I see their little faces popping up each year this time..