Saturday, March 12, 2011

In Honor of Japan - The Crescent Moon Smiles On

West Coast friend Jeffrey Baker wrote this beautiful poem , a tribute to those who lost their lives in the tsunami. She shared it with me Saturday morning after I had taken a photo of the same moon the prior night cross country here in my Tennessee home.

The crescent moon smiled at me last night
It smiled as thousands of souls
old ones, young ones
shocked ones, grieving ones,
dancing ones streamed by
on their way home to
the eternal now

And my heart aches for those of us
left behind
missing those who have gone on
missing already the safe life
we thought we had

And as we turn, heavy hearted,
those of us left behind,
to the work to be done
the life to be lived

The crescent moon smiles on.
(Thank you, Jeffery.)
-Dawn! The Good News Muse 14 March 2011

No comments: