Friday, July 23, 2010

I've Had a LIfe-Threatening Illness

I'm so very grateful I keep journals. This morning I came across an old entry that reads: "I've had a life-threatening illness, ignorance, as in ignoring my life, as in not thinking or being aware." (I smile. Now I can write I've an intermittent life-threatening illness, in remission more days than not.)

I read this today and realize this connects me to the oil and coal company CEO's and those who support continued drilling and blasting into Mother Earth from the Gulf to Appalachia and all around the world. I often wonder: What are THEY thinking? Do they not realize Earth is a dynamic, living being?

Today I realize I am connected to the many they's - from folks who live on fast food and junk food to those who buy into the pharmaceutical ads with which we're flooded to those who seem to 'live' fed by tv.

Thanks to this note to self in an old journal I see my judgment and am reminded I am they. My ignorance or ignoring life is connected to the quantum ignoring of life here on Earth.

Fortunately there is a cure not sold by drug companies, fast food chains or any utility or power related company. Well it is a power company of sorts. It's the power of this moment in the company of oneSelf. It's Waking Up. And for this moment I am awake. What about you?
-Dawn! The Good News Muse, 23 July 2010
dawn@imaginetheshift.com

No comments: