Friday, July 23, 2010

Bogeysattva Opens Doors

Bogeysattva opens doors. I'm told he's been doing this since he was a kitten left outside a local cat shoppe on a busy street on a Friday night two years ago. When we first met he was named Whopper Jr. because he was found in a Burger King parking lot. He was found then left outside the cat shop. He then found his way through the cat door from an outdoor protected area to the inside where he was sitting inside at the front door the next morning.

Now I'm likely to find Bogey in cabinets throughout the house which necessitates that I wash all pots and pans prior to using them as well as keep harmful chemicals securely contained. (Friends may never want to eat with me again.)

Having qualms with fast food, I had to change Whopper Jr.s name. Bogey is a golf term for when one has not gotten the ball to the hole in the suggested number of swings of the club. Trust me. Bogey's aren't good for golfers. Being a very semi-golfer I know enough to consider parallels between the game and life. Bogeysattva therefore means having compassion for oneself when you bogey (screw up) in the game and in life.

Today as Bogey peered from inside the bookcase, I realized Bogetsattva truly opens doors. Love and compassion with our screw ups as well as with others is the only thing that opens the closed doors of the heart. Bogey who arrived the very week I had asked my deceased cat Templeton to return ensured my heart did not close. Whether you believe in cat reincarnation doesn't matter. How you consider the continued opening of the heart...well that's a door you might want to open.
-Bogey, the Good News Mews and Dawn, 23 July 2010

1 comment:

Annapolis Wedding Minister said...

love this dawn!
your bogey sattva ~ compassion for the part of us that falls short ~ love this. thank you.