Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Teacher. Student. Which Are You?

This morning I walked to the bird bath on one side of my yard and found a perfectly shaped small feather. I checked the water level then made my way, only a few steps, to the other side of the yard. Near my chair lay a perfectly shaped large feather.

I have found many feathers in these recent years but never two so alike, one large and one small.


As soon as I held them I heard:  Teacher - Student 

Learning and learned. Young. Old.

Yet which is the teacher and which the student?

Age nor education truly makes one a teacher.

The young have much to teach. For years the children, I've known have shared gems wiser than my writings and far beyond what might seem their years. They are nearer I sense to the great Truths of life in this world possibly because they are not so distant from the other world from which we all come. I am open always to their teachings.

In the morning's quiet, I ask: Am I as open to the adults whose opinions and beliefs are as opposite mine as the feathers were in my yard? They too offer me something of value, I sense, when I am open and receptive to their experience. And this is where I usually disconnect from those on the other side metaphorically of this Earth "yard." I find those on the other side don't really speak from their experience but instead tell me their beliefs rather than how they came to those beliefs and what their fears or concerns are.

I held the feathers and knew I am both teacher and student. It is not one or the other.

What about you?

I imagine the Shift to humankind realizing we are all teachers. 
We are all students in this Earth journey called Life. 

Dawn, The Good News Muse, 29 June 2015



No comments: