Thursday, May 9, 2013

How Does The Flame of Love Live In You?

This week as I lay with my head in Kelly's hands she exclaimed, "It feels like your head is on fire."  Although Kelly is an energy worker I highly trust, I did not share what came to me.

Our session ended and I walked into the waiting area to find Tony and Sheila. These three souls share office space.  I'm grateful they share 'space' in my journey.  

I hugged Tony and Sheila good bye.  I will not see them again before they depart for France.  As we exchanged hugs, I said, "Tell France I love her." Tony added, "And you'll be back soon."  I teared up at this.

On some level, I've still not gotten over coming home four years ago.  On the night of my 50th birthday I called Jerry in the states and told him I was uncertain I could come home. He knew I was serious.

I was not prepared for this and neither was he.  I came home and grieved for some time.

I had actually cried across France that trip, tears of joy and sorrow.  If anyone had told me how much I was going to cry I might not have gone in the first place.  The least I would have done would have been try to control my experience which is actually the worst thing I could have done. Fortunately I had my experience.

I was a doubter of prior lives until that trip.

A prior life is what flashed in my mind when Kelly said my head was on fire.  I remembered a dream in which I saw a man made to breathe fire as he was tortured.  I awoke sobbing from that scene for I knew this was not a dream.  I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt this was something I had witnessed in another time, in another life. 

The tears I shed in France remind me of our entry into earthly life.  As star souls, we know what we're volunteering for when we agree to come here yet upon arrival we forget.  If we really knew what it was going to be like to be in earthly bodies and in our hearts, would we still show up for life on earth?

I ask this because lately I cry daily.  I shed necessary tears when I read or see the news.  I shed necessary tears related to facebook pages about the intentional torturing and killing of wolves.  Monday I cried for Southern Illinois' 100 year old trees that are at high risk for falling into the hands of natural gas companies desirous of fracking the land.  And some days those tears are precipitated by events just outside my door.

Monday morning within forty feet of one another I found the shell of a robin's egg stolen I sensed by a crow or squirrel from the nest at the corner of the house. Steps away was a dead baby bird having fledged too soon or blown from its nest in the weekend's storm.  A few steps from it were the wings of a much larger bird.  Two days prior, I found a dead sparrow in my garden with its head neatly removed and a dear rose-breasted grossbeak dead on our deck. 

I cried and cried and cried.

Being in my heart at times seems like more than I can take until I stop as I did Monday.  Kneeling in my backyard, I placed the remains of those birds under our delicate ferns.  Immediately my tears turned to joy for honoring these birds reminded me of who I am. 

I was bearing witness just like I did in the scene of remembering a beautiful soul committed to coming to earth and staying true to Love even in torture and death.  (Recently I've begun to wonder if those who torture and kill were severely harmed in prior lives thus they in turn harm others now due to because of unconscious, repressed levels of hurt and fear.)

Then there are souls walking Earth at this time who are opposite those bound in unconscious fear.  They are the ones who also came to mind this morning as Kelly held my head.  

Animal Rescue Corp staff at the Animal Care Expo
I lay on her massage table quietly rejoicing in the earth angels gathered right now at Nashville's Opryland Hotel.  People from around the country are gathered for the Humane Society's "Animal Care Expo" including my friends with Animal Rescue Corp (ARC).  At this month's end, other earth angels will gather for the 3rd annual Trafficking in America conference to educate and share their work regarding sex trafficking.

In this moment I smile because these compassionate souls are some of the millions here on earth who are so very brave. There are so many more souls here now with stunning courage who have shown up in this time to lift Mother Earth and to create a shift starting here and spreading through the Universe.

In this moment, I smile even more deeply for I came home from Kelly's office and for some reason looked at my calendar.  The date was May 9, 2013, the day of  The Ascension.  It was the perfect day to have in Kelly's words "a head on fire."  On this day, Jesus ascended into the heavens and the flame of Love came to live with us.  

The flame of love burns in the hearts and minds of my friends with Animal Rescue Corp and the Humane Society as well as those who work in trafficking.  The flame of love burns in Kelly, Tony and Sheila and in Jerry who loves me alongside my grief over leaving my French heart's home.  I am grateful these earth angels take up 'space' in my journey.

And believe it or not, I'm grateful those who fear, hurt and hate take up 'space' in my journey too. It is through these people bound by such fear that my heart is laid open and stretched and I remember the compassion I hold within.   

Past lives, this life, my French and American lives in these living, loving, dying, birthing times remind me of the flame of love I carry and offer to those who heal, to the animals that live and those I bury and to the souls who cause such hurt because of their buried hurts.

In this time of Ascension, how does the flame of Love live in you?
 
 -Dawn, The Good News Muse at Imagine the Shift , 9 May 2013

1 comment:

Anne Kathleen said...

Dear Dawn: Your thoughts on fire prompt me to invite you to consider being part of the "Communion of Creative Fire" which I recently formed with Jean Houston's support and inspiration as a" new order of creative souls". If you sometimes feel alone in your unique call to awaken us to beauty in life, you may appreciate being part of a group of 30 women from Canada and the US, about half of whom share the Mystery School experience. If you read our website http://kreativefire.com and if you feel at home with us there,let me know and I shall send further info. Blessings, Anne Kathleen