Monday, April 1, 2013

Signs of the Shift - Get It. Love It. Live it!

"Get it. Love it. Live it!" the billboard on West End reads.
 

I saw the billboard and thought,  "Got it. Love it. Live it." 

Then I immediately began to react (and thus judge) to what I consider our capitalistic society. Of course, this may stir your reaction to me yet I'm not against capitalism. I buy things. I sell a service and I envision selling my stories.  I just don't like how we're told to buy at every corner in every moment it often seems.
 
I saw the billboard and thought I've already "got it."  I've got Earth love - flowers, trees, animals, birds, air, water, food.  I have flesh and blood beings, friends, family, a partner, children, pets, someone(s) who love me. And I suspect you've the above too.  

Got it. Love it. 

Ah, then I realize there's the "living it" part.  That is the challenge at least for me. The throwing myself wide open into the living of this thing called Life, this thing I've already got, that came with me 53 years ago, that I loved then and have learned here in mid-life to love most days now.

The I get it.  The sign is more right than I realize.

Get it! Not as in buy it but 'get it' - stop living with all levels of fear, resistance and control. 

Each moment evidences whether I've "got it."

Get it?
-Dawn, The Good News Muse 1 April 2013

No comments: