Thursday, October 25, 2012

Into the Canyon Love Came - A Vision at Havasu Falls

I've been remembering the 2009 hike I made into Havasu Canyon with my friend Karen Johnson.  I had never heard of Havasu Canyon until this trip yet many of the Havasupai still live in this remote western end of the Grand Canyon home of Havasu Falls' blue-green waters. Traditionally considered the Guardians of the Grand Canyon, the tribe in 1919 was restricted to the area into which we hiked when the national park was designated. 

Recently I've been reflecting specifically on a particular vision I was shown while at the Falls.

Each afternoon we'd make our way through the campground to the cool blue water, the gathering place of many campers in the mid-day heat. To the Havasupai these waters were healing and sacred.  Knowing this created tension for me as hikers often climbed the rocks and jumped turning these sacred grounds into a water park.

One afternoon while lying on my towel immersed in the sounds of the Falls and the people around me, I had a vision.  At first I was shown a five-pointed star. Then from the star's center, a ramp came down as if someone could walk from the star.  Then the star's edges took a cloud-like shape and the star became a heart.  Slowly the heart separated into pieces then vanished. 

I turned this over and over in my mind so as to not forget the symbols amidst the surrounding noise and distractions. I intuitively sensed I had been shown Sirius but I wasn't sure and didn't know why. 

As I noted the vision, I was joined by a dog. I called to his owners as they played cards on their nearby blanket and asked his name.

"Moses," they shared.

As soon as I heard "Moses" I knew I had seen Sirius for all I knew about Sirius is it's called "The Dog Star."  This four-legged, friendly confirmation affirmed my hunch. 

I have kept this vision close since then and have wondered why, why, why it appeared to me.  Now I'm given a glimpse as I realize:  

Into the canyon, Love came.  
From the void where all appeared dark, Love came from the stars 
and Love on Earth was born.
Love, Love came from the Stars to dwell in our bodies, minds, spirits and hearts. 

Imagine the Shift of Earth's people remembering we are each Love come from the Stars.

-Dawn! The Good News Muse 25 October 2013

No comments: