Monday, August 2, 2010

Earth's Texting from the Stars and Between Our Toes- A Story Primarily in Photos

Just as I was about to press 'post,' the line from ET the movie crossed my mind. Remember? "ET, Phone home." Only briefly did I wonder why this crossed my mind for I quickly realized, Our home, Earth, is continually phoning us or texting as would likely happen today.

Then I realized we are the ET's. Terrestrial means of earth or land. We are of earth but we've these extra sensory selves that when utilized we can see and hear the messages, text messages, of Earth and Sky. For example, I sliced a tomato for lunch recently and saw a reflection, like trees reflected in a pond and thought:
As Above, So Below.

Yesterday as I sliced squash to layer with goat cheese and dandelion greens,
I lay the squash in the dish and saw:

Yin and Yang

I recalled a squash blossom from last year's garden and knew, seeds hold the energy of the stars. Carl Sagan said we are star stuff. I imagine we increasingly become star stuff by eating the foods that hold the energy that starts as seed and turns to star shapes before becoming our food or in this case squash.
Stars from Seed

Last but not least, this morning I walked a bit in the yard then sat on the deck to journal. I glanced down and saw a sprig of grass coming up from my shoe as if the grass was saying, "If you don't take off your shoes to walk in me, I'm gonna grow through your toes and make you notice me." (I promise I did not stage this photo.)







I was struck by this but obviously not enough because I didn't go immediately to the grass. I went inside (took off my shoes) did a few things and came back out to continue to write. For some reason, I looked down (this time without my shoes on) and sure enough the grass sprig was still there. It had walked with me through the kitchen several times and still remained between my toes. I immediately took a photo and now sit, pondering what this means realizing if I do not go walk in the grass during lunch right now, I will have ignored the deeper message provided.
So before walking, I leave you this:
As above, so below
It's in the stars, between your toes.
As above, so below
It's in the seed and grass that grows.
-Dawn!The Walking, Waking Good News Muse, 3 August 2010

1 comment:

Anna said...

I love the awareness in all your observations of these seemingly simple things. Keep up the QP!