Monday, April 2, 2012

Yellow Ribbons - Coming Home

As I neared home after this morning's walk, I noticed yellow ribbons around four hack berry trees in neighboring yards.  Yellow ribbons around trees have symbolized men (and women) returning home from war.  These ribbons signify trees with limbs to taken down by the power company trimming crews.

I see these ribbons and imagine they symbolize men in America coming home from ways of war and all that separates them from the wholeness of who they are. I imagine men remembering they are more than warriors, conquerors and competitors. They are lovers, joiners and receivers, all that is of the feminine. I imagine the men trimming these trees doing so with open hearts of great love and the highest of care.

And I am reminded as the eye looks back at me that I too carry these same energies.

Imagine the Shift of coming home and living from a place of balanced masculine and feminine.
-Dawn, The Good News Muse 2 April 2012

No comments: