Wednesday, April 18, 2012

An Earth Day Shift - Imagine the Shift to Interdependence

Sunday night as I lay in bed, I saw a bug then I saw a bat. I had no idea why these two creatures arrived as I closed my eyes but their appearance prompted me to note seeing them in my recorder lest I forget.

Monday morning I pressed 'play' as I searched for something else and instead I heard my voice whispering, "I just saw a bug. I just saw a bat."

I had already forgotten my nighttime visitors yet as soon as I heard myself I got it.  I was being shown the beautiful, interdependence in life's cycle.  Bats need bugs for life.  Bug offers its life for bat's life. 

I 'got it' yet how many times have I heard someone say 'got it' in regards to killing a bug. Bugs and bats may be two of Earth's most vulnerable, yet feared creatures.

Later in the day as I ran errands, the tiniest of orange and black bugs landed on my arm as I drove. I said 'Hello' as it sat there. I thought 'This is not the typical response to a bug.'  I totally get being afraid. I've lived afraid the majority of my life and still just about everyday find some new aspect of fear hiding out inside me.  I just don't get being afraid of bugs. 

As Earth Day nears I honor both Bats and Bugs and I imagine curiosity circling the planet so humankind shifts to realizing our interdependence on one another and on all of Nature.

Imagine the Shift!
-Dawn! The Good News Muse  18 April 2012






No comments: