Sunday, November 20, 2011

"It's the End of the World as We Know It"

I love synchronicities like I experienced this week with a long distance friend. I told her of my waking recently in the middle of the night so very happy and suddenly realizing the Mayan calendar had ended. She referenced stories of fear she had heard in relation to 2012 and people talking of the world's end.

As I pulled into the grocery parking lot (yes, I had been talking on the phone) I said, "It's the end of the world as we know it but that's a good thing. It's a time of change in so many ways."

This is a friend I've known for going on twenty years. We talk maybe 4-5 times a year. We said our good-byes and I went into the grocery with "the end of the world as we know it" humming in my mind.

Thirty minutes at most later, I came out, loaded the car and turned on the radio. NPR was concluding their 'letters' segment with a listener's response related to an earlier R.E.M. interview I had missed. I knew R.E.M. was retiring but honestly didn't know for what they were musically known. I'm the person who knows the songs but not necessarily the singer and yes, sometimes not the correct words. As a child I thought "Angie" (the Rolling Stones) was "I lay in jail."

As I pulled onto Hillsboro Road, the interviewer said, "We'll leave you with this......"

"It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine."


I love when synchronicities affirm messages or hunches. I don't have to have them confirmed but it sure makes me smile inside and out.

It is the end of the world as I've known it. Each and every moment I choose love and openness even when sad or apprehensive, fear subsides and I feel fine, actually more than fine.
-Dawn! The Good News Muse 20 November 2011
dawn@imaginetheshift.com

No comments: