Monday, November 14, 2011

Increasing My Love Stock - Inspired by Carrots, Wall Street and Jesus

Something about the carrot and parsnip curls gently piling into the sink as I peeled them for lunch recently created a connection I sensed between me and cleaners, cookers and growers of vegetables through time. I often when vacuuming or writing a thank you note am reminded of my mother and others, tenders of home and hearth. This particular day though I felt connected to women and men on farms especially during hard times and thought of how they used everything or allowed it to be used rather than throwing it away. Weren't they the first composters and recyclers?

These ribbons of orange and tan would be left for our "livestock" as we affectionately call them, deer, raccoons, bunny and fox that pass through our country yard at times. The sight of them, like the vegetables I cleaned and cooked, stock our lives with love.

I wonder how the stock market might shift if it were stocked with love? Then I realize it may not be stocked with love but at least it has some love circulating within it. Some funds are socially and environmentally conscious and although I don't know its origin (will have to read up on that) I do suspect those who started the market wanted to care for their families and clients by growing money. Unfortunately the masses I suspect even back then and certainly for now have been slowly left out of the growth of their accounts.

Prior to peeling carrots and parsnips, I had washed a grapefruit. It's label read: Sunkist. I cringed. I wasn't responsible for buying a corporately grown grapefruit. How did this get into my kitchen? Did I really want to eat this?

Yes I did because I also heard it's "Son Kissed" and oddly thought of what Jesus might say about the stock market and Wall Street. I thought Jesus' love is like a kiss to corporations. Bear with me here, but I thought Jesus would say "Dawn, you don't have to agree with what many in corporate America do to send love to the CEO's who have grown greedy. Take stock of how you spend your heart's currency and send love to the agriBusiness guys that are connected to the chemical company/pesticide /restaurant guys (and girls) who make up some of Wall Street. You don't have to approve of what they do, but you do need to send them love just like you love your livestock. You're all connected and they too are the growers and cookers of food even if they do it differently from you."

Loving the fact that we're all here past and present now in this time, increases my love stock.

What stocks your life with love?
-Dawn, The Good News Muse, 14 November 14, 2011
dawn@imaginetheshift.com

No comments: