Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Celestial Cyling - We Are Partnered


Last night rather than dread the dark, I invited the nearly full moon into my awareness. I'm usually moon mindful but darkness arriving around 5:00 challenges my attitude. I stopped work and made time to sit outside and watch the moon.

It's glowing body had just cleared a neighbor's roof as crickets sang in surround sound. Back up singers held a constant note while others varied their tone keeping a one, two beat joined at times by the low hum of passing cars and their people bound for home.

A cardinal called from a neighboring yard. Did it realize the feeder's been restocked? Another responded from nearby.

Hot jasmine tea in my cup
Fuchsia azaleas to my left blooming in this their first fall
A red Japanese maple to my right
Partners in this new time of dark
and light
under the umbrella of a moonlit sky.

Hours later

This morning instead of sitting inside I returned again to the same spot as last night.
The birds sing like it's Spring.
A mason bee breakfasts in the azalea, each blossom a bowl of nectar.
The sun rises where hours prior climbed the moon.

I"m reminded of a scale, the Libra kind,
our solar systems balancing act.
Maybe it's more like a wheel, a great turning wheel of day and night, light and dark.
A Celestial cycling, dancing round Earth.

Meanwhile back on Earth in this city space I call yard
the dynamics of the dance surround me.
Leaves once green now fall.
Trees once full are barren.
Birds migrate as plants return to earth to rest and recharge.

In the quiet within I hear: Pay attention, take note.
The subtle shifts all around mirror the shifts within.
Let go, listen.
The celestial cycling is here.

We are partnered.
We are partners in this new time of dark and night, day and light.
-Dawn, The Good News Muse 9 November 2011
dawn@imaginetheshift.com

No comments: