Thursday, March 15, 2012

Moon - It Is a Miracle

This morning I sat outside pondering, writing
as a crow kept cawing, calling.

Once upon a time I listened to crows
actually not that long ago.

Yet somehow I stopped.
 I still heard them, but I really didn't hear them. 

This morning I stopped
put down my pen
and looked up.


There just beyond the crow was the moon
The same moon that at 5am streamed her light
through the bedroom window onto my pillow
prompting such peace and joy.

It is a miracle this sphere of rock, a quarter of a million miles away
sheds light on this our earthly home. 
Light that finds its way into Spirit's room, my heart 
that for so long felt heavy, dark
that for so long I quietly thought was rock. 
(Yes, my heart truly felt like rock.)


It is a miracle this sphere of rock, a quarter of a million miles away lights the way to this rock within allowing me to remember who I am. 
-Dawn, The Good News Muse 15 March 2012

No comments: