Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Wondering Inspired by Garlic

For a couple of weeks now I've watched garlic sprout in the small front yard bed.  I planted it around Solstice per the "Farmer's Almanac" instructions when night is longest since the fruits of each cloves labors will grow in the dark under ground.

This morning as I hovered over green shoots almost two inches high I wondered how it is that growing garlic brings me such joy inside?  Actually growing most things brings me joy.  Today especially though as I navigate darkness I am inspired by the garlic to be, to be in my own earthen self and allow it to tell me about itself, to inform me of its origins and to listen, to simply listen. 

Did I write simply listen? Listening at times is anything but simple especially in my head.  Yet immediately in the quiet, a wondering crosses my mind.  I wonder if it's possible to find joy in dark times as much as I find joy in the product of dark times.  To this I am willing to listen, body, heart and mind. 
-Dawn, The Good News Muse 16 Feb. 2012

No comments: