Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happy

At times I judge much of societies lack of depth as people in constant motion move on to what's next and next and next. 

This morning I watched a bee move from the small yellow annuals the size of a quarter to the white chive blossom and on to the purple azaleas.  At each flowering stop, I wished for my camera.  As my mind like the bee traveled from shot, to shot to shot, I realized in this way I am kin to the American consumer about whom I complain quickly satisfied by a purchase only to tire of it and head out to shop and shop and shop.

The photo I eventually took. 
Finding and feeling deep satisfaction takes time as experience is layered with texture, taste and quality.

The bee flew on to other experiences while I in that moment and still in my housecoat stopped.  I sat down on the damp deck to watch, to experience, to be. 

I had no major insights or epiphanies yet I felt so happy and in that moment it was more than enough to feel happy, just me and flowers. 

In this moment now moments away from the morning I still smile.  It is more than enough to feel happy. 

-Dawn! The Good News Muse, 5 September 2012
dawn@imaginetheshift.com


No comments: