Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Inner, the Outer and Home - Imagine the Shift

While eating lunch recently, I happened to look down to see these, the smallest of shells and tiny twin pine cones on the brown deck at my feet.  These objects hardly the size of my fingernail immediately got my attention. The shell that once held one of earth's earliest animals intrigued me with its spiraling pattern without and within. And taking a closer look, I recognized flower shapes in the tree seeds.  

What was the message in these simple objects from Nature, homes to seed and creatures, homes to life?

Days later, I hold these small objects and hear:

Tree life, water life hold messages of be-ing life. 
Being life.  BeHold.
You too are home 

What does it mean to be home?

For me being home means dropping out of my head and into my body.  When I do this I am immediately present and at peace regardless of what's stirring outside me. When I do this I am at home unless there's something unattended stirring inside me.

For  the past few weeks, I've been intermittently at home.  After taking time off to write and instead ending up with aches and a sore throat, I became disappointed and mad.  I struggled for days, dosing myself with herbs and remedies that kept me going, going further and further away from myself as I resisted feeling bad.

Today I hold these tiny homes to life and listen once again.

When I move mindfully through my life, I hear and see the messages of magic and wisdom embedded in the small.  They inform me of my path, my inner and my outer path.  When I am awake on my inner path my outer path is revealed.  And in those times when I'm not awake and struggling, the smallest of things outside me speak reminding me...

I am home. Where are you?

Imagine the Shift.
-Dawn! The Good News Muse, 16 August 2012

No comments: