Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sinking Spells - Imagine the Shift to Reflection


I didn't dream I'd spend a recent afternoon making pesto but now eight cups of packed basil leaves, walnuts, garlic cloves, Parmesan and olive oil chopped, minced, grated, pulsed and frozen fill six containers ready for future pizza crust, pasta and veggies.

As I cleaned dishes I thought of women whose lives were spent in the kitchen and garden, planting, growing, staking, picking, shelling, cooking, baking, chopping, dicing, slicing and the many mouths fed. How did they do it?  Really! How did they do it?!

At day's end, I lay on a blanket in the grass reflecting on the afternoon.  Reflecting - a verb not in the above list.  Did the women on my family tree reflect or just move on to what was next? 

I've heard someone in my past refer to their personal energy dips as 'sinking spells.'  I wonder if they reflected during these spells or if this was the bodies way of saying "Stop. Ponder. Slow down." 

My blanket in the grass allows me to sink for a spell as I feel my body sink into Mother Earth where I reflect, rest and am held.

When and where do you reflect and slow down?

Imagine the Shift.

-Dawn, The Good News Muse, 30 August 2012

No comments: