Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Beauty Without, Beauty Within - The Shift

Early this morning I came outside to ensure the bird feeders were filled for the day. I scattered corn in two areas for the crows and squirrels and maybe the lone deer I've seen around the neighbor's house.  The deer, alarmed by hunters, builders or things unseen, virtually disappeared last year compared to the year prior when I could look out my window to find several most weekend evenings.

Coming outside prompts a stirring in me and I didn't even know I needed to be stirred.  When I am tending, something shifts. Ensuring the animals are fed especially in times of drought, seeing Summer's first Surprise Lily emerge overnight from seemingly nowhere, knowing a deer's around or finding green in the yard where last week there was drought brown - all these things feed me and remind me of who I am.

When I engage out of want to and not have to whether I'm inside or out, living prompts a shift.  In the beauty around me, I'm reminded of the beauty within. Noticing Nature awakens me and through feeding the animals, I'm fed.

What awakens and feeds you?  Imagine the Shift.
-Dawn, The Good News Muse, 18 July 2012

No comments: