Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sun - The Faithful Gardener On Earth's Perihelion

Today Earth is at its perihelion or the closest we come in our orbit to the Sun.  There's something quite beautiful about this, this body of fire that warms our Earth, giving life to all that sustains us being so near in this coldest time of year in our Northern Hemisphere.

Memory takes me to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the joy I felt last summer seeing multitudes of yellow flowers, visible reminders of Sun's energy come to Earth, lining the mountain roads.

We had not traveled this road in over twenty years. Jerry could not stop enough for me to take photos of what I saw as little suns on stems of green.

Today I am mindful Sun is a Faithful Gardener gently planting seed waves of energy into Earth's soil and our souls especially on this winter's day.
-Dawn, The Good News Muse,
4 january 2012





No comments: