Thursday, January 12, 2012

Light Bringers

I've a lantern recently purchased at an after Christmas sale. Every time I pick it up, I've this bodily knowing that I've done this many times. I've carried a light to dark places be it to assist the mother in the middle of the night bearing new life or the early morning hours to milk the cows and gather the eggs. Or over the battlefield like Florence Nightingale tending the wounded, saying prayers over the dead.

I don't know that it matters whether this is a past life feeling or a present life knowing that I'm here to carry the light to the darkest places inside myself and into the misunderstood and forgotten corners of shadow and darkness in the world.

We are all built to be light carriers, light bringers in this time.
-Dawn, The Good News Muse, 12 January 2012



No comments: