Monday, December 12, 2011

A Morning Musing on Weaving from Bill Murray & Me

I awoke early this morning thinking of Bill Murray and the concept of "listening from within."  It's been nearly fifteen years since he saw me in Chicago's United Center quietly crying because surprise tickets for my young nephews to a game weren't there as promised.

I lay in bed pondering how Mr. Murray was paying attention, watching and listening from within, as hundreds of people filled the Will Call area headed to the Noon game.  I then drifted back to sleep.

An hour later, I awoke again thinking of Bill Murray and the phrase "these are the threads we hold in our hands."

Presence, empathy and compassion - these are the threads Mr. Murray held that day. 

May we listen from within and become conscious weavers of these threads year round and not just during the holidays.
-Dawn, The Good News Muse, 12 December 2011 

No comments: