Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bookends

Water in the gutter drips.
1-2, 1-2
Keeping time
Marking time
In the background crickets hum, unusual for this time of year. 
Time.
Sound.
 
In time before time, Creation began with vibration, sound.
I wonder what is being born on the vibration of cricket sound tonight.
This is the perfect way to near Solstice time.  I didn't know it until this moment sitting outside near midnight under a dome of cloud sky, serenaded by the insect world with my gutters keeping time.
The next morning.....
I awoke early to sit in the dark and watch the sun rise. It was hidden by clouds.  I went to work out and there the sun was shining in the faces of those with whom I share this ritual. 
I imagine the shift of seeing the Sun in all things. 
-Dawn, The Good News Muse 21 December 2011
 

No comments: