Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Messengers - Spider & Tree

One recent morning as I sat on the deck a tiny spider on a single thread came dangling down from above in front of my face then softly landed in my lap. At first I sat there thinking, 'Did that really just happen?' It was as if God or someone above in slow motion reeled this tiniest of creatures down right in front of me.

The spider didn't move. I gently picked it up to discover it was dead making this occurrence even more curious.

I immediately remembered a dead spider I recently found inside. As I picked that one up and placed it in my hand, its legs broke away from its body. In my palm, these little stick-like legs were lines, lines that I immediately recognized as symbols and letters. I recorded this impression and later read that to many the spider was considered the teacher of language and the magic of writing.

I was reminded of an experience while hiking last month in the mountains. I glanced down and and saw letters on the trail, sticks that looked like hieroglyphs

This recent morning sitting on my deck the tiny spider in my hand I thought, 'What if spider really did invent writing? Maybe she had help from tree.'

The world speaks and has since the beginning of time. Nature, the animals and plants are constantly communicating. We are surrounded by messengers.
-Dawn, The Good News Muse, 28 September 2011
dawn@imaginetheshift.com

No comments: