Sunday, August 18, 2013

Nature Nurtures - Hack Berries and Me

Recently someone referred to hack berry trees as 'throw away' trees.  I thought, 'You have never lain on Mother Earth under the canopy provided by my amazing hack berry trees.'

Regardless of the season, I find and feel comfort and peace under their sheltering limbs.  In spring and summer shades of green inspire hope while winter's barren bones remind me of the web connecting us all.

Then as the sun set yesterday, I realized I was being watched.  A hymn sang through my mind.

"His eye is on the sparrow and I know he watches me." 

This tree's eye is on the sparrows, cardinals, blue jays, wrens, nuthatches, chickadees and titmice in my yard. And his eye is on me.  I am anchored and held by this dearest and strongest of hack berry trees.  I honor him and he honors me. 

What is your relationship to trees? 
-Dawn, The Good News Muse, 18 August 2013

No comments: