Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Nature Is My Operating Manual


Monday morning tears rolled down my cheeks while I watched two cardinals bring nesting materials to the evergreen by the backdoor.  Bit by bit they brought twigs, straw and leaves.  And bit by bit each gently placed piece fell to the ground beneath them.  At one point the two huddled in the top of the shrub side by side.  I watched them through the window as they seemed to watch me. 

Then together they sat in the Japanese Maple as he fed her sunflower bits from our feeder.  What exquisite examples of tenderness and care.  

My tears came out of nowhere. They were followed by this thought, 'Love, sweet Love.  This is how it's suppose to be.'

It has taken me so long to learn I am love, love sweet love.

And about those tears, I have realized they did come from somewhere.  They came from my heart as the cardinals gave me directions.  Nature is my operating manual, the operating manual for my heart.

What's yours? 
-Dawn, The Good News Muse, 10 April 2013

No comments: