Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Pause that Really Refreshes

Whether in the city or country, I'm grateful to be able to sit outside surrounded by nature regardless of the season. This time of year beneath traffic I often hear crickets' hum.  I see Summer's last flowers and they see me. 

Today I asked:  'What is this experience, this palpable interaction between me and thee?'

Then I heard:

'This is how it was meant to be. I am Watcher and the Watched, the See-er and the Seen.'

When I stop to pause and listen, not just with my ears but with my entire being, there's an aliveness, a palpable engagement between me and everything.  That pause makes all the difference. It opens me to new worlds and reveals the opening to other worlds. 

Years ago some commercial, I think, for a soft drink referred to the "pause that refreshes."  

The pause that refreshes me comes through listening with my eyes, ears, touch, intuition and sensation.

Embody the Shift ! Take time to pause, to listen, to be!
-Dawn, The Good News Muse  23 October 2012

No comments: