Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hidden in Holes-Hope for the Heart

Recently I've been to Starbuck's repeatedly. Well, four times in two weeks which
for me is comparable to a 'grande' and for many not even a 'tall.' I've sat in the
drive-thru watching the bird that enters the wall.

Yes, a little brown bird, a sparrow I think, has a nest in the wall in the adjacent building. Yesterday it swooped down to the pavement below, pecked fervently at a cracker tossed out, then carried bits to the open mouth visible at the cave entrance.


Similarly two consecutive mornings this week as I've ran, I've glimpsed a sunning lizard dart into the dark beneath chunks of broken sidewalk. Every time it spies me before I spy it.

Birds and lizard.
Life hiding within the holes of hardness.
Hardness protecting life.

Hope for the hardened heart.
-Dawn, The Good News Muse, 23 April 2011

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

I've seen birds use that hole in previous years. I wonder if it's the same Mama bird year after year?

~ Ingrid

Ingrid said...

Hmmm... My word verification is "ingra"... That doesn't seem so random...