Thursday, July 8, 2010

Love's Gone Viral !

Last week after learning to 'tweet' one of my first messages was: What if love went viral?

I don't know a lot about internet lingo or trends but I did think going viral in the case of love would be a good thing. I tweeted my message and thought of it often. I wasn't referring to infatuation love or the love usually displayed in movies and tv. I was imagining the love of compassion, a deep, I'm-gonna-embrace-the-oil-company-CEO's-and-politicians-who-continue-to-not-get-what's-going-on-on-Mother Earth love as well as a keeping-my- heart-open-although-its-been-repeatedly-hurt love. I was referring to Big Love going viral.

Yesterday the word viral showed up again on my radar screen as my doctor called to say I've a couple of viruses hiding out deeply in my body which explains the fatigue I push through periodically. Unlike viral in internet terms where things are very much out there and seen, my viruses have been hiding out.

Then it occurs to me love has already gone viral. It's in every heart although it's hiding in some, for we're all Divine inside. This divinity may not be easily seen due to folks actions and our propensity (or at least my propensity) to judge, but love is present even in the hardest appearing of hearts as well as the hardest appearing of times. We've not noticed it. We've been too busy, too myopic, too unimaginative to see it, hear it and call it out.

For example, Love rose up in Nashville on May 1st as the rains fell. Folks reached out, offering their homes, help, belongings and money to those impacted. Yet love rose up with an opportunity to be seen in other ways as Mother Earth gave her distress signal "May Day, May Day" interestingly on what's called May Day.

Since then when I hear someone refer to a nearby river as "ugly" due to fallen trees, appliances and tires now piled up in our waterways, I've two thoughts. The first is 'Oh, please don't call the river ugly.' Our words carry vibration and the rivers don't need the energy of the word, ugly.* Our waters are still beautiful. Let's think of them this way. Let's give them our love and appreciation.

The second thought is 'The flood only magnified what we've been doing to Mother Earth for decades as we've become less thoughtful to our impact on her as we mindlessly consume, use and throw away these things never thinking as to where 'away' really is.'

I don't often state the above because I'm sensitive to the grief of those who lost so much yet the Nashville flood offered us a beautiful opportunity not only to wake up to one another but wake up to what we're doing to Mother Earth and offer her gratitude and thoughtfulness.

Love now continues to be viral in the Gulf, rising up in plumes of oil, showing up to awaken us to connect the dots and realize our relationship with all of Earth's waters. We're being presented an opportunity to energetically send our compassion to Mother Earth, her waters, the animals, plants and people of the area as well as those with BP, Transocean, Haliburton and government who are culpable in this.

Love is viral, trying to be seen by us on streets in your town and mine, in Appalachia's mountains and Native lands everywhere, in homes far and near, in what's unsaid between us and those we say we love. Love is quietly and persistently viral offering us an opportunity to really wake up, to open our hearts so love may go visibly viral, not just in times of crisis, but daily as we raise our awareness and realize our interconnectedness with Earth and one another.

Love, like the rising feminine in the prior story, is all around us summoning us to wake up.
-Dawn! The Good News Muse at Imagine the Shift, 10 July 2010

*Read more on the vibration our words carry in relation to water by clicking here.... Dr. Masura Emoto's site.

No comments: