Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Feather & Flower, Pattern & Light

Yesterday I awoke with two recent photos I had taken in mind. Actually I saw them close-up in the night. I went straight to my camera where I found what I had seen as soon as I zoomed in. Throughout the day I kept these images in mind, while trying to determine how best to explain what they meant to me. More specifically I was trying to determine how I might explain what I knew without someone thinking me weird. Succumbing to fear, I soon became all entangled in my mind, not a place I recommend anyone spend extended time including myself.

Fortunately words shared by my poet friend Mary Ann in Chicago came to mind. "Write the best you can and let others figure it out." Then at the conclusion of her email she reminded me: "He or she who has ears to hear, let them hear."

So hear with your ears and see with your eyes whatever you may, whatever you might.
I must show and tell what I saw in the night.
Inside the flower danced filaments of light.
While in the feather lay line upon line and I realized
We are flower and feather. We are pattern and light.
We come from Earth. We are winged, taking flight.
We are flower and feather. We are pattern and light.
It's all here in Nature, here in plain sight.

Everything is light, patterns of light. And in Spring, Nature's Show and Tell, it truly shines all around us.

I want my light to contribute to the building pattern of imagination in the world and the capacity to see and hear deeply. To what patterns will you contribute today? How will you honor your light?
-Dawn! the Good News Muse - 04/01/10
dawn@imaginetheshift.com

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

That's just beautiful Dawn!

We have been created with dimension and we matter in this life.

:) Jeanette

Symeezgurl said...

well, Jeanette, I too am learning. I just wrote a really nice piece and while creating a google account, it miraculously dis-duh-peared. The gods work in mysterious ways. Suffice to say, I appreciated your piece about the flower lights, the hawk feather and I'm happy you saved a momento from such a special gift. Although hawks moult yearly, finding a feather (or a whole sacrificed bird!) is a rare treat. Thanks for sharing your observations and your poetry!