Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Time Heals


Gradually over the last two years, the paint around the heart on the tree down the street has been diminishing.  At first I didn't want the heart painted.  It was enough to see the outline in the wound left by a missing limb.

The couple that lives in the tree's house hadn't noticed the heart until they noticed me in the winter of 2010 sitting regularly by the heart during morning walks.  They asked if I might know of someone who would paint the heart. I thought they wanted a picture painted until I learned from the artist, my friend Susan, that they wanted the tree itself painted.

In time I realized the colorful dancing dots perfectly conveyed how Love's energy comes to Earth and is embedded in Nature.

I imagine the Divine Creator wondering: Will people notice or walk on by?  Will humans see the love's message in leaves of green or hear love's voice in crow, cardinal and blue jay? Will human's feel love's touch in the damp grass under their feet or the rough bark of the tree?  Will human's realize love?

This week I stopped by the tree and noticed the paint is diminishing in time.  Then another thought crossed my mind:  Pain is diminished likewise.

Time heals yet like the tree it doesn't erase the wound.

Time reveals, like my friend's colorful paints, the potential beauty in our wounds and the heart of love in all things.

-Dawn, The Good News Muse, Imagine the Shift - 14 May 2013

No comments: