Friday, March 11, 2011

Engaged


The Mason bees buzzing about the lenten roses last weekend may now be gone, a result of the earlier cold March morning. I don't know if they die or hibernate when suddenly winter reminds us it's not yet truly spring. I do know the fear of the coming cold did not keep them from engaging only days ago.

I on the other hand guard or modulate my engagement much of the time. I don't consciously slip into autopilot. Most times I don't even realize I've done so until just beneath the radar of awareness I realize I'm not fully present or connected. Sure I'm breathing, my heart beats, I look present, but my true presence can be days away thinking of what needs to get done or years past humming a tune from a sixties tv show.

The birds, the bees, the plants, the trees, their attention is always in the now. They have no preconceived ideas or attachments, no stories about what's got to happen or fears about what may happen. They live in the present. They live engaged.

Let's engage like the bees with the moments as they arrive each day!
-Dawn, The Good News Muse - 11 March 2011

No comments: