Monday, January 31, 2011

"Morning Meds"

For some time now each morning, I've been fortunate to participate in a morning meditation call with friends who I came to know through Mystery School with Jean Houston. From Chicago to California we gather by phone, read a poem often written by one of the group members, then respond sometimes through silence and at other times with our own writings.

In order to return to and savor the rich images created by these women, I created a folder in my email that's titled "Morning Meds."

This morning I smiled realizing Morning Meds truly are my morning "meds." They are medication to my soul, jump starting my mood, fine tuning my senses, birthing a smile inside and out.

These 'meds' don't require a doctor's visit, co-payment and prescription. They not recorded in my health record as a preexisting condition. The side effects are pleasant, nothing like the ones heard in commercials. You know "the voice" that calmly states you may experience constipation, nausea and dizziness then just as calmly adds if you've organ failure, "Call your doctor."

Imagine how these 'meds' would radically shift the health care debate while not increasing the national debt.

Let's not wait for a lobby in Washington to take this on.

My morning ritual with friends, poetry, quiet and prayer is my medication. What soothes your soul and lifts your spirit making you smile inside or out?
-Dawn ! The Good News Muse, 31 January 2011

2 comments:

Carol Ohmart-Behan said...

A sweet "read" this morning amidst the snowfall here at Dragonfly Cottage. Thanks for the smile, inside and out :-) Carol

Anna Hines said...

Morning "meds"! I love it!